July 29, 2021, 11:47:04 PM

Author Topic: Recruiting Question  (Read 329 times)

jskaret

Recruiting Question
« on: January 28, 2021, 01:41:16 PM »
My son and I currently are looking to joining a MilSim community. We fly together in the F-14 with him as my RIO.

He is pursuing a career in aviation within the military, hence our involvement with DCS and MilSim community.

I am a retired Marine MSgt so I am very interested in joining a community with military structure, however, my son and I would like to fly and train together. Indications on discord was that this is not possible. If this is the case, could you point me in the direction of a community that we could join and continue to fly together (Pilot/RIO).

Thank you
JSkaret

CAPT J. "Saint" Wolfe

• 9228 Executive Officer, Afloat
  • VFA-103 Jolly Rogers
Re: Recruiting Question
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 04:02:50 PM »
Howdy sir, thank you for your message. Pilot RIO combos can be preferrential but not guaranteed. The needs of the airwing will generally come first and unfortunately RIOs are a rare breed. The training pipelines y'all will be separated through as the curriculums are entirely different -- a pilot's education does not transfer to a RIO seat and vice versa.

However, training together on your off time (not scheduled with instructors) is perfectly acceptable. However again, as I pointed out above, there are scenarios where you most likely can fly together, but it's not always a guarantee. I'm sorry if that's not the answer you're looking for, but we do what we need to to make sure the missions we run are as successful as possible.

Reach out to me on discord if you have any further questions -- I'd be more than happy to talk in a less formal fashion if that is preferred. Thank you for your service MSgt, I look forward to hearing back from you!
CAPTAIN JAKE "SAINT" WOLFE
Deputy Commander, Air Group
CVW-3, CSG-2