July 29, 2021, 11:37:13 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Recruiting Station / Re: Hatch, Grant Application
« Last post by LTJG F. "Gucci" Mucci on July 25, 2021, 11:52:04 PM »
Mr. Hatch, thank you for your application to Carrier Strike Group 2. Your application has been accepted. Within a few minutes, you should receive access to the rest of the forums and access to the modifications that we use. I am processing you into TRARON THREE (VT-3) "Red Knights", where you will undergo training with your desired airframe and squadron. After a few training sessions to get you up to speed on the basics of the airframe, you will join your desired squadron and finish your training with them.

Several things to do before officially flying with CSG-2: Join our Discord Server HERE and check-in in the VT-3 Ready Room. We will assign you your proper member groups and you can ask us any questions you may have, and/or schedule your first training session. Secondly, be sure to download any DCS mods that are required. Make sure you are running the DCS Open Beta client. All of our pilots utilize this client, and it is considered the main version of the game by most of the DCS multiplayer community. Finally, when you are properly processed into the Discord (given a proper name, rank, permissions, etc), you will need to check into your respective training squadron in Discord. Failure to do so within 7 days will result in an administrative discharge.

Thank you, and we look forward to flying with you!

Respectfully,
Modify message
Recruiting Station / Re: SKARET,JUSTIN application 24 July 2021
« Last post by LTJG F. "Gucci" Mucci on July 25, 2021, 08:54:12 PM »
Mr.Skaret , thank you for your application to Carrier Strike Group 2. Your application has been accepted. Within a few minutes, you should receive access to the rest of the forums and access to the modifications that we use. I am processing you into TRARON THREE (VT-3) "Red Knights", where you will undergo training with your desired airframe and squadron. After a few training sessions to get you up to speed on the basics of the airframe, you will join your desired squadron and finish your training with them.

Several things to do before officially flying with CSG-2: Join our Discord Server HERE and check-in in the VT-3 Ready Room. We will assign you your proper member groups and you can ask us any questions you may have, and/or schedule your first training session. Secondly, be sure to download any DCS mods that are required. Make sure you are running the DCS Open Beta client. All of our pilots utilize this client, and it is considered the main version of the game by most of the DCS multiplayer community. Finally, when you are properly processed into the Discord (given a proper name, rank, permissions, etc), you will need to check into your respective training squadron in Discord. Failure to do so within 7 days will result in an administrative discharge.

Respectfully,
Recruiting Station / Hatch, Grant Application
« Last post by Thunder-Bolt on July 24, 2021, 09:04:09 PM »

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Provide the first and last name you wish for us to use on your personnel file: Grant Hatch

Provide your Discord ID: Thunder-Bolt#9782

Provide your age: 20

Provide your desired role or airframe: F-14B

CARSTRKGRU TWO REQUIREMENTS

Have you read and understood the requirements for our unit, the criteria for being active, and do you understand that failure to complete said criteria will place you into the reserves squadron?: Y

Have you read and understood the unit's definition of realism gameplay and is it the kind of experience you're looking for?: Y

Do you understand that this is a U.S. Central time zone unit (GMT -5/-6) and that all events will be scheduled as such?: Y

Do you understand that by applying to this unit you are applying for a slot within a training squadron, that training squadron personnel compete for available slots, and that as a member of a training squadron you are not a fully fledged member of the unit unless selected?: Y

Do you understand that after the pipeline attendance by all qualified and slotted pilots is mandatory on Saturdays at 1800 hours (U.S. Central time zone). Will you be able to attend these times?: Y

After finishing the pipeline you will be required to attend approximately one squadron training per week with your assigned squadron. Can you commit to attending training at least this often?: Y

Do you understand that you will be required to complete a training pipeline which includes formation flying and carrier procedures and that all procedures must be performed to standards in order to pass?: Y

Do you understand that personal practice and self-study will be required to successfully complete the pipeline? Are you able and willing to practice and study materials given to you?: Y

On average, a new pilot will need a minimum of one month and in some cases as much as six months to complete the entire training pipeline. Are you willing and able to complete the entire pipeline?: Y

Do you have the time and availability in your personal schedule to fly with instructors regularly until the pipeline is completed?: Y

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

How much total experience do you have in DCS (total hours or periods of continuous play without breaks)?: 0

How many days do you play DCS per week on average?: 0

On a scale of 0-10 with 0 being never and 10 being always, how likely are you to read the training materials given to you when required?: 9

How did you find out about us?: Google

Why do you want to join CSG-2?: I am currently in college working towards a bachelors degree, and I'm planning on joining the military as an officer in order ot become a pilot. My main reasoning for joining the unit is to be able to experience this game to the fullest extent possible.

What is your availability for training and how much time can you spend on CSG-2 activities per week?: 3-6 hours per week

What do you enjoy about DCS? What keeps you interested in DCS in the long term?: DCS is a game that I've heard a lot of great things about, and as someone who's been heavily interested in aviation since I was a kid, this game seems to be right up my alley.

What personal experience, knowledge, skills, or training do you have that has some relation to DCS? What experience, knowledge, skills, or training (Not necessarily DCS-related) can you provide that benefits everyone?: I was previously in an ARMA III realism unit (2nd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment), so I'm familiar with the milsim environment. Additionally, I've spent a long time playing various flight games, which in turn vary in realism.

What do you think is important for us to know about you?: I think it's important to note that I am very much a DCS noob. I tried playing with the base module several years ago, but I didn't even get the plane to move. I'm starting from rock bottom with this, but I'm ready and willing to learn everything I can about the game.
Recruiting Station / SKARET,JUSTIN application 24 July 2021
« Last post by jskaret on July 24, 2021, 07:28:20 PM »

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Provide the first and last name you wish for us to use on your personnel file (it does not have to be your real name): Justin, Skaret

Provide your Discord ID (including the pound sign and the following 4 digits): J Skaret#3163

Provide your age: 47

Provide your desired role or airframe (F/A-18C, F-14B): F-14B

Have you read and understood the requirements for our unit, the criteria for being active, and do you understand that failure to complete said criteria will place you into the reserves squadron? (Y/N): yes, understood

Have you read and understood the unit's definition of realism gameplay and is it the kind of experience you're looking for? (Y/N): Y

Do you understand that this is a U.S. Central time zone unit (GMT -5/-6) and that all events will be scheduled as such? (Y/N): Y

Do you understand that by applying to this unit you are applying for a slot within a training squadron, that training squadron personnel compete for available slots, and that as a member of a training squadron you are not a fully fledged member of the unit unless selected? (Y/N): Y

Do you understand that after the pipeline attendance by all qualified and slotted pilots is mandatory on Saturdays at 1800 hours (U.S. Central time zone). Will you be able to attend these times? (Y/N): Y

After finishing the pipeline you will be required to attend approximately one squadron training per week with your assigned squadron. Can you commit to attending training at least this often? (Y/N): Y

Do you understand that you will be required to complete a training pipeline which includes formation flying and carrier procedures and that all procedures must be performed to standards in order to pass? (Y/N): Y

Do you understand that personal practice and self-study will be required to successfully complete the pipeline? Are you able and willing to practice and study materials given to you? (Y/N): Y

On average, a new pilot will need a minimum of one month and in some cases as much as six months to complete the entire training pipeline. Are you willing and able to complete the entire pipeline? (Y/N): Y

Do you have the time and availability in your personal schedule to fly with instructors regularly until the pipeline is completed? (Y/N): Y

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

How much total experience do you have in DCS (total hours or periods of continuous play without breaks)?: 6 months experience

How many days do you play DCS per week on average?: 5-6 days/wk

On a scale of 0-10 with 0 being never and 10 being always, how likely are you to read the training materials given to you when required?: 10

How did you find out about us?: internets

Why do you want to join CSG-2?: practice real world naval aviation procedures with like minded individuals

What is your availability for training and how much time can you spend on CSG-2 activities per week?: 5-10 hrs per wk

What do you enjoy about DCS? What keeps you interested in DCS in the long term?: realism of simulator

What personal experience, knowledge, skills, or training do you have that has some relation to DCS? What experience, knowledge, skills, or training (Not necessarily DCS-related) can you provide that benefits everyone?: Can discuss offline

What do you think is important for us to know about you?: Can discuss offline
Recruiting Station / application
« Last post by Ston3r on July 21, 2021, 01:03:19 AM »

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Provide the first and last name you wish for us to use on your personnel file (it does not have to be your real name): Nathan Stone

Provide your Discord ID (including the pound sign and the following 4 digits): ArchangelSton3r (HFKT)#4206

Provide your age: 32

Provide your desired role or airframe (F/A-18C, F-14B): F/A-18C

Have you read and understood the requirements for our unit, the criteria for being active, and do you understand that failure to complete said criteria will place you into the reserves squadron? (Y/N): Y

Have you read and understood the unit's definition of realism gameplay and is it the kind of experience you're looking for? (Y/N): Y

Do you understand that this is a U.S. Central time zone unit (GMT -5/-6) and that all events will be scheduled as such? (Y/N): Y

Do you understand that by applying to this unit you are applying for a slot within a training squadron, that training squadron personnel compete for available slots, and that as a member of a training squadron you are not a fully fledged member of the unit unless selected? (Y/N): Y

Do you understand that after the pipeline attendance by all qualified and slotted pilots is mandatory on Saturdays at 1800 hours (U.S. Central time zone). Will you be able to attend these times? (Y/N): Y

After finishing the pipeline you will be required to attend approximately one squadron training per week with your assigned squadron. Can you commit to attending training at least this often? (Y/N): Y

Do you understand that you will be required to complete a training pipeline which includes formation flying and carrier procedures and that all procedures must be performed to standards in order to pass? (Y/N): Y

Do you understand that personal practice and self-study will be required to successfully complete the pipeline? Are you able and willing to practice and study materials given to you? (Y/N): Y

On average, a new pilot will need a minimum of one month and in some cases as much as six months to complete the entire training pipeline. Are you willing and able to complete the entire pipeline? (Y/N): Y

Do you have the time and availability in your personal schedule to fly with instructors regularly until the pipeline is completed? (Y/N): Y

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

How much total experience do you have in DCS (total hours or periods of continuous play without breaks)?: about 1 hour

How many days do you play DCS per week on average?: 3 to 4

On a scale of 0-10 with 0 being never and 10 being always, how likely are you to read the training materials given to you when required?:  8

How did you find out about us?: through Enzo Blanc

Why do you want to join CSG-2?:  i enjoy realism/milsim groups, . I want to learn how to function effectively in a team environment, that is as real as possible. i also want to challenge myself and be pushed to excel by others who are of a like mind.

What is your availability for training and how much time can you spend on CSG-2 activities per week?: I have a fair bit of spare time, no kids but work an 8 hour day.  Being Australian would be the largest hindrance to availability as it may clash with my American counterparts schedule during the week. I am committed to being flexible to commit to timings and training's.

What do you enjoy about DCS? What keeps you interested in DCS in the long term?: The realism and fact that you need to dedicate time and effort to be good and not pay to win. You need to acquire the skills and keep practicing to remain at your best.

What personal experience, knowledge, skills, or training do you have that has some relation to DCS? What experience, knowledge, skills, or training (Not necessarily DCS-related) can you provide that benefits everyone?: I have no skills that would be helpful with DCS. I have a team attitude and would be willing to help out wherever it was needed.

What do you think is important for us to know about you?: Loyal, Committed, has sense of humor, makes mistakes but always try to learn from them.
Recruiting Station / Re: Blanc, Enzo - Application 12JUL2021
« Last post by CAPT J. "Saint" Wolfe on July 14, 2021, 12:42:43 AM »
Application Accepted

Mr. Blanc, thank you for your application to Carrier Strike Group 2. Your application has been accepted. Within a few minutes, you should receive access to the rest of the forums and access to the modifications that we use. I am processing you into TRARON THREE (VT-3) "Red Knights", where you will undergo training with your desired airframe and squadron. After a few training sessions to get you up to speed on the basics of the airframe, you will join your desired squadron and finish your training with them.

Respectfully,
Recruiting Station / Blanc, Enzo - Application 12JUL2021
« Last post by SNA E. Blanc on July 12, 2021, 02:55:00 AM »

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Provide the first and last name you wish for us to use on your personnel file (it does not have to be your real name): Enzo Blanc

Provide your Discord ID (including the pound sign and the following 4 digits): Monsieur_Blanc#5395

Provide your age: 27

Provide your desired role or airframe (F/A-18C, F-14B): F/A-18C

Have you read and understood the requirements for our unit, the criteria for being active, and do you understand that failure to complete said criteria will place you into the reserves squadron? (Y/N):  Y

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

How much total experience do you have in DCS (total hours or periods of continuous play without breaks)?: I have around 10Hrs in the FA/18C with most of my Hrs being spent in helicopters.

How many days do you play DCS per week on average?: 4-6

On a scale of 0-10 with 0 being never and 10 being always, how likely are you to read the training materials given to you when required?: 10

How did you find out about us?: Google Search

Why do you want to join CSG-2?: I have always had an interest in Milsim/Realism groups, especially those that elevate the game that is being played. DCS is a simulation and emulates this well. To myself it makes sense to join a well structured and organised group that is dedicated to its members and demands dedication back. CSG-2 from what I have seen ticks all the boxes that I'm looking for.

What is your availability for training and how much time can you spend on CSG-2 activities per week?: I have a fair bit of spare time, no kids but am in the Military which can change my schedule a lot at short notice. However I tend to game around 40-50 hours a week. Being Australian would be the largest hindrance to availability as it may clash with my American counterparts schedule during the week. I am committed to being flexible to commit to timings and training's.

What do you enjoy about DCS? What keeps you interested in DCS in the long term?: The realism and fact that you need to dedicate time and effort to be good and not pay to win.

What personal experience, knowledge, skills, or training do you have that has some relation to DCS? What experience, knowledge, skills, or training (Not necessarily DCS-related) can you provide that benefits everyone?: I have no skills that would be helpful with DCS. Non-DCS related I have a military mindset and am good with organisation and military knowledge.

What do you think is important for us to know about you?: Amateur Pilot, Loyal, Committed,Military, Useless without Caffeine, has sense of humor.
Recruiting Station / Singh, Aneesh Application 06June2021
« Last post by A. Singh on July 06, 2021, 09:38:55 PM »

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Provide the first and last name you wish for us to use on your personnel file (it does not have to be your real name):
Aneesh Singh
Provide your Discord ID (including the pound sign and the following 4 digits):
Caiser#4489
Provide your age:
Provide your desired role or airframe (F/A-18C, F-14B):
F/A-18c

Have you read and understood the requirements for our unit, the criteria for being active, and do you understand that failure to complete said criteria will place you into the reserves squadron? (Y/N):
Y
Have you read and understood the unit's definition of realism gameplay and is it the kind of experience you're looking for? (Y/N):
Y
Do you understand that this is a U.S. Central time zone unit (GMT -5/-6) and that all events will be scheduled as such? (Y/N):
Y
Do you understand that by applying to this unit you are applying for a slot within a training squadron, that training squadron personnel compete for available slots, and that as a member of a training squadron you are not a fully fledged member of the unit unless selected? (Y/N):
Y
Do you understand that after the pipeline attendance by all qualified and slotted pilots is mandatory on Saturdays at 1800 hours (U.S. Central time zone). Will you be able to attend these times? (Y/N):
Y
After finishing the pipeline you will be required to attend approximately one squadron training per week with your assigned squadron. Can you commit to attending training at least this often? (Y/N):
Y
Do you understand that you will be required to complete a training pipeline which includes formation flying and carrier procedures and that all procedures must be performed to standards in order to pass? (Y/N):
Y
Do you understand that personal practice and self-study will be required to successfully complete the pipeline? Are you able and willing to practice and study materials given to you? (Y/N):
Y
On average, a new pilot will need a minimum of one month and in some cases as much as six months to complete the entire training pipeline. Are you willing and able to complete the entire pipeline? (Y/N):
Y
Do you have the time and availability in your personal schedule to fly with instructors regularly until the pipeline is completed? (Y/N):
Y

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

How much total experience do you have in DCS (total hours or periods of continuous play without breaks)?:
I've been playing off and on for a couple years, got about 120 hours in game
How many days do you play DCS per week on average?:
I just got back into the game after a hiatus, currently playing every day.
On a scale of 0-10 with 0 being never and 10 being always, how likely are you to read the training materials given to you when required?:
How did you find out about us?:
Hoggit
Why do you want to join CSG-2?:
I was in the squadron, but my instructor had some family emergencies and needed a hiatus and then with the covid pandemic things went crazy for me so i had to leave, but things have settled down and I am eager to finish my training!
What is your availability for training and how much time can you spend on CSG-2 activities per week?:
I am pretty flexible, 7 days a week!
What do you enjoy about DCS? What keeps you interested in DCS in the long term?:
I love aviation and aircraft and when I fly I truly feel at home.
What personal experience, knowledge, skills, or training do you have that has some relation to DCS? What experience, knowledge, skills, or training (Not necessarily DCS-related) can you provide that benefits everyone?:
I have a natural affinity as a pilot and decent skill and I have a lot of knowledge on aircraft in general
What do you think is important for us to know about you?:
I love the hornet and am eager to fly again. Planning to build a model of it with my dad and possibly paint it in the red knight colors xD
Recruiting Station / Re: Kroemer, Milan Application 28MAY2021
« Last post by CDR M. "Bill" Wertz on July 04, 2021, 02:30:31 PM »
Application Accepted

Mr. Kroemer, thank you for your application to Carrier Strike Group 2. Your application has been accepted. Within a few minutes, you should receive access to the rest of the forums and access to the modifications that we use. I am processing you into TRARON THREE (VT-3) "Red Knights", where you will undergo training with your desired airframe and squadron. After a few training sessions to get you up to speed on the basics of the airframe, you will join your desired squadron and finish your training with them.

Respectfully,
Recruiting Station / Re: Lucas Sa application JUNE 17th 2021
« Last post by CDR M. "Bill" Wertz on July 04, 2021, 02:21:46 PM »
Application Accepted

Mr. Sa, thank you for your application to Carrier Strike Group 2. Your application has been accepted. Within a few minutes, you should receive access to the rest of the forums and access to the modifications that we use. I am processing you into TRARON THREE (VT-3) "Red Knights", where you will undergo training with your desired airframe and squadron. After a few training sessions to get you up to speed on the basics of the airframe, you will join your desired squadron and finish your training with them.

Respectfully,
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10